In this post, I would like to concentrate on the pros and cons of Baby Monitors. It is quite safe to say that most of the products that we purchase have advantages as well as disadvantages. Baby monitors are not excluded from these phenomena because it also has its advantages and disadvantages.
However, this does not mean that we should throw out the proverbial child with the bath just because we are aware of the disadvantages of a product. The idea is to balance the pros and cons of a product towards each other and then make the right decision on it. However, it is essential that the benefits of any product, in the long run, exceed the disadvantages. This should also be the case with Baby Monitors.
Benefits or Advantages of Baby Monitors
Intensive research with regard to Baby Monitors revealed that the benefits or advantages exceed the disadvantages to the greatest extent. The following are some of the most important advantages of the Baby Monitor:
- In view of the fact that communication between parent and baby is central during the most vulnerable developmental phase of your baby makes it a very important benefit. You as a parent can communicate with your baby uninterrupted. The monitor helps keep the connection with you as a parent and your baby. In this way, you can maintain contact with your baby even if you are in a different room as your baby.
- It is especially the ability of monitors to continuously provide video and audio that allows you as a parent to monitor your baby while at the same time you can do the washing, preparing dinner or keep up with one or another important responsibility in the house.
- It can easily happen that in the absence of a monitor you as parent wakes up the baby many times and as such causes a disturbance in your baby’s sleep pattern. With a monitor, you as a parent and your infant are constantly in contact and there is no need to disturb your baby unnecessarily.
- It is proved that it is even beneficial to have a monitor especially if you travel long distances. You as a parent, you can be busy with all kinds of assignments while your baby stays in the eye.
- The simplicity with which these products are offered these days is another advantage. It is not necessary to hire someone to set it up for you. You can do it with the greatest easy yourself.
- Furthermore, there is no need to fear when it is dark because the crystal clear video and the night vision features make it possible that you as a parent can watch all the movements of your baby.
- You as a parent, you surely would like to go to sleep with a restful heart, do unrestrained homework or attend work without any worries about your baby. It’s exactly what a monitor offers: peace of mind.
- It is beneficial to purchase a WiFi monitor if you as a parent prefer it because then you can monitor your baby where he or she is. You just have to ensure that you always have your mobile device on hand.
Cons or Disadvantages of Baby Monitors
With the rapid advancement and development of technology, it is easy for errors to creep in. Baby Monitors are not immune to this:
- It is, therefore, possible that you can purchase a monitor with technical errors. This can be seen as a disadvantage.
- Another disadvantage for some people is that the products can be seen as very expensive. However, it is important to balance the safety of your baby against the cost of the product.
- If the choice of parents falls on a WiFi monitor, one of the disadvantages is when there is an interruption of the internet connection. The connection between you as a parent and your baby is then automatically also interrupted. This can be of concern for some parents.
After listing all the pros and cons of baby monitors, it is still the prerogative of you as a parent to decide on the purchase of such a device and if so which of the many types on the market you will choose.
Advice To You as Parent
Given the fact that the disadvantages are really minimized as to the benefits it offers to you as a parent and your baby, it is advisable to give serious consideration to the purchase of such device. In my post. “Best Rated Baby Monitors – Making The Right Choice” is a list of the best-rated products. Feel free to have a look at it again.
Now That Everything Has Been Said
Now that everything has been said with regard to the pros and cons of Baby Monitors, I am sure that you as a parent will make the right choice for the sake of you and your baby.